The need for real estate appraisals has become increasingly common in litigation proceedings. Considering today’s legal climate, where settlements and court decisions rely heavily on the accurate establishment of real estate values, the necessity for highly skilled and professional appraisers has never been greater. Ambrose Rojas, MAI, ASI’s Chief Appraiser, has proven experience in litigation support and expert witness services. Clients we have provided with expert testimony services include utilities & government agencies, tax entities, financial institutions, accounting firms and the legal community.
Some examples of issues that we have experience, include:
- Valuation for divorce, partnership, taxation issues etc.
- Valuation of stigmatized property damages
- Valuation as of a date in the past, retrospective
- Valuation for condemnation and eminent domain cases
- Effect on value of properties with history of flood
- Property tax appeals
- Estate settlements or appeals
- Rezoning, variance issues
- Construction defect, or physical obsolescence
- Misrepresentations and/or developer defect class-actions
We are committed to being Independent, Objective & Unbiased in performing our appraisal and litigation support services. We would be pleased to have the opportunity to advise and consult, perform additional research and analysis to support or discredit assumptions or alleged conclusions, and/or evaluate the relative strength of an appraisal presented by the opposing party. Please call or email us regarding our track record and how our appraisals have prevailed under the most severe scrutiny.